Weird. Wacky. Pretty. Scary. Bring it on! The inaugural Great Australian Scarecrow Competition is seeking entries for the best Scarecrow in the land.
It’s nearly time to harvest crispy, crunchy apples and succulent pears from around Victoria that go into making our delicious Flying Brick ciders. We need your help to scare off the birds – they like munching on yummy fresh fruit as well. Join in the fun and show off your creative flair!
Open to all ages! Grab your friends, school buddies, parents, work colleagues and let your imagination take over. Participants are not just creating their ‘scary’ conceptions for bragging rights only – there are some seriously great prizes to be won if judged as the best by the official judging team.
All scarecrows will be displayed for the world to see, admire and vote for - along the fence of Flying Brick Cider Co, Bellarine Highway, Wallington.
FIRST PRIZE $2,000
SECOND PRIZE $1,000
THIRD PRIZE $500
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD $500
2 x $100 Dining Vouchers to enjoy at Flying Brick Cider House to be won.
ENTRY IS FREE!
How it works
- Download an Entry Form or drop into Flying Brick Cider House and pick one up.
- Get creating your fabulous Scarecrow
Each scarecrow will be provided with a base ‘spot’ along the Flying Brick Cider Co fence
(2M wide x 1.5M) Each scarecrow will also be provided with an official number which is what it will be referenced as for the duration of The Great Australian Scarecrow Competition.
- Complete & submit your Entry Form & deliver your Scarecrow to Flying Brick Cider House*
*Participants in The Great Australian Scarecrow Competition can ‘deliver’ and ‘install’ their scarecrow between Monday, December 9 – Friday, March 6, 2020 after notifying the Events Manager at Flying Brick Cider House and organising a delivery time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org ring 5250 6577 and ask for the Events Manager.
- Each Scarecrow Entry will be provided with an official Entry Number.
- Get voting! Encourage everyone to vote for your masterpiece to win the People’s Choice Award. Either vote online via Facebook The Great Australian Scarecrow Competition or fill out a Voting Form & drop it into Voting Box at Flying Brick Cider House.
(Voting Forms are also available at the Cider House).
Peoples choice voting opens Wednesday 1st January 2020 and closes Thursday 12th March 2020 at 11.59pm
- Winners announced on Saturday March 14, 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries in The Great Australian Scarecrow Competition must not represent any concept which may cause offense to any person(s) or group - political, religious, gender persuasion or other. Flying Brick Cider House (the organiser) reserves the right to refuse entries.
- Employees of Flying Brick Cider Co and/or The Sharp Group and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Scarecrows are not to feature any corporate, institutional or other commercial branding.
- Only ONE vote permitted per individual via both Facebook and Voting Box.
- Judging for all awards with the exception of the People’s Choice Award will be conducted b/w Monday March 9 - Friday March 13. The Judge’s decision is final. No negotiation will be entered into.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, March 14, 2020. Winners will be notified via phone and email on Friday, March 13.
The People’s Choice Award will be based on the highest volume of votes via social media and onsite Voting Box at Flying Brick Cider House.