Get Scaring! 3rd Annual Great Australian Scarecrow Competition is here!
Weird. Wacky. Pretty. Scary. (and that’s just the last year we’ve had ; ) Bring it on! The 3rd annual Great Australian Scarecrow Competition is a little late in rolling out this year because of the C-beastie but we are once again seeking entries for the best Scarecrow in the land.
Omicron or not, Mother Nature waits for no one - it’s nearly time to harvest crispy, crunchy apples and succulent pears from around Victoria that go into making our delicious Flying Brick ciders. We need your help to scare off the birds – they like munching on yummy fresh fruit as well. Join in the fun and show off your creative flair!
Open to all ages! Grab your friends, school buddies, parents, work colleagues and let your imagination take over. Participants are not just creating their ‘scary’ conceptions for bragging rights only – there are some seriously great prizes to be won if judged as the best by the official judging team.
All scarecrows will be displayed for the world to see, admire and vote for - along the fence of Flying Brick Cider Co, Bellarine Highway, Wallington.
FIRST PRIZE $2,000
SECOND PRIZE $1,000
THIRD PRIZE $500
PLUS 2 x $100 Dining Vouchers to enjoy at Flying Brick Cider House to be won.
ENTRY IS FREE!
How it works
- Register here
- Get creating your fabulous Scarecrow
Each scarecrow will be provided with a base ‘spot’ along the Flying Brick Cider Co fence
(2M wide x 1.5M) Each scarecrow will also be provided with an official number which is what it will be referenced as for the duration of The Great Australian Scarecrow Competition.
3. Complete & submit your Registration & deliver your Scarecrow to Flying Brick Cider House*
*Participants in The Great Australian Scarecrow Competition can ‘deliver’ and ‘install’ their scarecrow between Monday, January 24 – Friday, March 25, 2022 after notifying the Scarecrow Co-ordinator, Chloe Beckwith and organising a delivery time.
Contact Chloe via email@example.com or ring Chloe on 0457 490 894
Each Scarecrow Entry will be provided with an official Entry Number.
- Winners announced on Saturday April 2, 2022.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries in The Great Australian Scarecrow Competition must not represent any concept which may cause offense to any person(s) or group - political, religious, gender persuasion or other. Flying Brick Cider Co (the organiser) reserves the right to refuse entries.
- Employees of Flying Brick Cider Co and/or The Sharp Group and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Scarecrows are not to feature any corporate, institutional or other commercial branding.
- Judging for all awards will be conducted b/w Monday March 28 - Friday April 1. The Judge’s decision is final. No negotiation will be entered into.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, April 2, 2022.
- Each entry is allocated a max space of 2M (wide) x 1M depth (from the FBCC fence)
- One Entry only from any individual, family, school, club or association
- FBCC will decide and allocate placement/land plot for all Scarecrow Entries. This is not negotiable.
- Each Scarecrow will be allocated an Entry Number which will be displayed on the Scarecrow.
- Judging will be via number only. The Judging panel will have no reference/knowledge of who created each Scarecrow.
- No reference or visual identification of the person, club, school or association is to be visible on the Scarecrow.
- FBCC will photograph all Scarecrow Entries and promote via social media and any other channel deemed relevant and/or appropriate. Promotion may include but is not limited to social media, print and other forms of communication.
- Only ONE Entry per individual, school, group, association
- Entry Form including all details of name of Entry Applicant, contact phone number and email to be delivered and signed and provided to FBCC on installation of Scarecrow.
- Whilst all care will be undertaken by FBCC for the preservation of each Scarecrow entry, FBCC takes no responsibility for the maintenance or condition of the Scarecrow during the course of the competition time frame.
- Scarecrows must remain onsite at FBCC for 1 x month following the Great Australian Scarecrow Competition.
- Entrants must advise FBCC if they will be collecting the Scarecrows at the conclusion of the display period.
- All Prize winning Scarecrows will be highlighted via social media and other forms of communication/promotion as deemed relevant by FBCC as winners following announcement of winning entries.
Some of last years entries